1.02.2014

Beautiful Things Don't Ask for Attention

Have you been to the theater to check out the new movie, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty yet?? If not, I highly recommend doing so! I loved the film for a variety of reasons and thought it was well worth the fortune it costs to get into the theater.

My original reason for going was because Walter Mitty features an excellent shot of this Rosie's Vintage Wallpaper pattern: 

It's a brief view, but you can clearly see it on the kitchen wall of Walter's mother's apartment. I love this 1960s retro pattern and was very happy it was selected!

In addition to the wallpaper, I thought the scenery in Walter Mitty was absolutely stunning. It really made me want to visit both Greenland and Iceland someday! My favorite part of the movie, however, was toward the end when Sean Penn states, "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." I find this quote to be very true and definitely inspriring. The most beautiful things in this world are not big, loud and flashy, but rather quiet, original, and unique. And for me, I feel that the greatest compliment to beauty is simply genuine appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment